Dinghy Captain's log, Friday, March 30, 0825

Making steady progress north in the Gulf Stream. The autopilot has been working hard, drawing more battery than we expected.

Most of the crew is still asleep from their night watches. Came across a cruise ship, a container ship, and a pleasure boat in the night, all of which we passed/ got passed by a safe distance.

Making our way north at a steady clip, averaging a bit above 8 kts!

28 deg 28'
79 deg 41'

Comments

  1. If there's any way to force the AIS to update, that would be useful (last position was from 3:05pm Thursday).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled up AIS map of all vessels in the areas they would be traveling. At about 1:15 a.m. there was an unidentified pleasure craft reported by a satellite. Its headed East Southeast at
    N 34.degrees 00'42.07,
    W 074 degrees 37'53.09. That is East of Moorhead..
    I'm going to follow it until I find it is not them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know what all this technical sailing talk means. All I know is that is my baby brother & sis in law and I appreciate everyone with all this amazing knowledge posting so this sister can keep up. Thank you!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. At what point is it appropriate to call the Coast Guard. Perhaps they would put out an all points bulletin. It would be nice to know people were looking out for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you talking about Darren & Robin?? I’m confused

      Delete
    2. For some unknown reason Nautigal is not showing up on the AIS tracking system. I think it is probably some electrical problem and they are saving power.The last we got a message from them on the blog was 8:30 am yesterday and all was well. There is no other reason to think that is not the same today.
      Last night I was hoping they were spotted by a satellite which also feeds into AIS, but no such luck.

      Of our land based followers, Julie knows the most about sailing so we will get the best info from her. I am just a Mom following my daughter's adventure with apps Robin suggested. I don't want you to be misled to think I know sailing. I know nothing. I find it fun to go on windytv.com to see the wind patterns. I am guessing they might wait a day to allow the winds to be more favorable for entering the Chesapeake

      Delete
  5. Hi all, Nautigal is up by Fernandina Beach. I believe all safe !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

inReach message from DARREN PARKER

inReach message from DARREN PARKER