Status update
Here's the overview of our current thinking, informed by this morning's weather models:
It's looking pretty good for departure on Thursday morning. Wind is supposed to shift around out of the east solidly by Wednesday, which gives us a day for seas to settle before leaving. The waves look to still be large, but on a long period, and trending smaller over time, so we are feeling comfortable with that.
Todd and Rick are already in Fort Lauderdale, hustling every pool hall in town (I hope). Darren and I are flying down early Tuesday morning to prepare the boat. Shawn Choy is flying to FLL Tuesday evening. And...
Megan Breece is now joining us in Fort Lauderdale late Wednesday night! This means we will now have 6 on board for the first leg of the journey. So, it's a good thing we finished making the lee cloths yesterday, as we'll need them!
Everyone remember to pack light and warm! Yay adventure!
-Robin
I promise obnoxious comments, but I'll start with a positive one - have fun with the end of prep!!
ReplyDelete